Wednesday, June 26, 2013

My Baby's not a Baby :(

No longer my little baby!
So... the last time I posted I had a baby. A full blown, stayed in one place, not too loud, no attitude, smelled like new, baby. I now have a running every where, climbing on the couch, screaming/singing/gabbing, dripping with attitude, smells like poop and sweat, toddler.

The Movement

Aside from the running, I also have to contend with the climbing. If it can be moved, it will be pushed up next to a chair, couch, stair, table, and climbed up on. And you know what they say, what goes up must come down - and she comes down HARD! Unfortunately, it always seems to be on her head or face which always leaves a bump and a bruise and always leaves us looking like we put her in a boxing ring. She also enjoys dancing and marching (to the beat of her own drum of course).

The Noise

She is constantly talking and I LOVE IT! She just babbles and coos sprinkled with a little bit of screaming and animal noises. The animals we have down now are dog (oof, oof), cat (mawwh), lion (rawwww), and owl (whoo, whoo) and it is soo stinking cute!! I don't know if she really understands what she's saying and why but boy do I love to listen to it. She has also taken to calling her father by his first name, Wes. She's always yelling WES (which sounds more like Wiss) up the stairs and if she doesn't get a reply, she keeps on yelling.

Attitude?

Rolling her eyes and yelling MINE are the two major battles we fight. If she is asked to hold someone's hand or give someone a kiss that she doesn't want to - eyes will start rolling or closing (because we can't see her if she can't see us). She also enjoys claiming everything in the house as MINE. The dog, pots and pans, various oils and seasonings in the pantry are just a few of the items she has staked her claim on. I think she will grow out of this attitude stage, I know I did :)

The Smells

Who knew a 17mo old's feet could smell so bad?! Our daycare provider can attest to that. I never thought I would ever prefer the smell of poop over baby feet.

She has definitely taken after her father in the sweating department which what I contribute the majority of her smells to. She sweats no matter what she does!


Wes and I are having a blast watching her grow. I cannot believe how fast the last year has gone and it makes me sad to think she is no longer a baby.  I see a little more of myself in her everyday and it's pretty awesome! She's the smartest, cutest, cuddliest, snuggliest, fun loving kid ever!
I'm so blessed to have a happy, healthy family!! 



No comments:

Post a Comment