Thursday, September 22, 2011

The Things They Forget to Tell You....

- The sleepless nights because it feels like you have rocks in your stomach and you can't get comfortable
- The back pain because you've gained 30lbs. and you're only 6 months along
- The difficulty getting up from a sitting position
- The rapid heartbeat
- The kicking and punching that for some reason only occurs at night (she's probably as uncomfortable as I am!)
- The peeing in the middle of the night
- The peeing when you sneeze
- The peeing when you laugh
- The peeing when you cough
- THE PEEING!
- The constipation
- The inability to ever control your body temperature
- The swelling of your feet that makes them look like life preservers
- The swelling of your fingers so that your wedding ring is NEVER coming off
- The constant crying (I literally cried over an episode of COPS the other day. Wes is beside himself with what to do with me)
- The new found sense of smell - good and bad
- The new found ability of turning every commercial into something new that you need for the baby or that you think will benefit the baby at some time in their life

All in all - it's kind of a raw deal! I went into this whole pregnancy thing thinking that it was going to be blissful and SIMPLE! Regardless... I wouldn't change it for the world. Women have been going through these same changes since the beginning of time and I am just one more to add to the list.

1 comment:

  1. Um... okay. I don't know who THEY are but I warned/told you. And don't say I didn't warn you once that little lady arrives:). I can't believe I haven't rubbed that belly yet. Hope you're feeling okay, girl. See you soon?

    ReplyDelete